Is it best to start with full guilty disclosure? Am I ready to admit to my environmental failings? Well they do say that first you have to admit you have a problem, so let’s give it a go.
- I don’t recycle everything that I can.
- I don’t always make ecological or ethical purchasing choices.
- I use way too much single use plastic!
- Sometimes I lose track of food in my fridge and I end up letting it go off and throwing it away.
- I buy bottled water when I’m out and accept Styrofoam containers when I fancy the food that comes in them.
- I love getting a new phone, even when I could really make do with my old one.
Eek I think I might stop there for the time being. I think carrying on delving into things I fail at it might just depress me out of action. Perhaps it’s best to pull out the details one little bit at a time.
The big one that needs to be mentioned here though, is that I know what I’m doing is hurting the planet. I’m consuming more than my share of resources and helping pollute the seas, air and land.
So what are you going to do about it, I hear you ask?
Baby steps! I’m going to try and do better one change at a time.